Travelling is the best thing in life which can rejuvenate our mind. If daily huge work pressure has made you stressed and depressed, you can make a short trip to refresh your mind. The new year has just arrived and this is the beautiful time in the year when you can make a plan for a trip. To boost your mind and enhance your work quality, travelling will be the best option for you. Hill stations are the best option that you can choose. Today, here we will discuss Chandigarh to Shimla Road trip. A road trip is always exciting and interesting as well. It is always the best. If you are planning to go somewhere to take a break from work life, opt for a beautiful road trip. Make a plan with your friends and start your journey.
One of the most important things that you need to do is to make the plan with proper information so that your experience will be better.
Well, move on to the adjoined passage to know a few most interesting things about the road trip and the beautiful Shimla.
Everything you need to know about Chandigarh to Shimla Road trip
First of all, it is necessary to know about Shimla. The truth is being told is that Shimla is an amazing hill station that can impress you quite easily. The green valley of Shimla is outstanding and you will fall in love with the place at first sight.
The mall road of this hill station is equally interesting and the Ridge situated near mall road is one of the most famous cultural platforms of Shimla. You can spend quality time here with your friends.
Apart from this, you will get the chance to enjoy shopping in different shops. People around the world prefer coming here for its beauty and they also prefer to enjoy shopping. A trip is seriously incomplete without shopping. As a token of memory people try to collect different types of things from the mall road.
You can also explore the authentic dishes of Himachal Pradesh. There are several restaurants on the mall road, and you can try any of those.
Not only the day beauty of Shimla is marvellous but also the night beauty of this hill station is awesome. The entire Shimla looks like twinkling stars in the sky at night. When every house on the lap of the hill switch on the lights at the night, it looks like stars in the sky.
So, it can be said that Shimla will not give you any chance to be disappointed. It has many beautiful things to offer you. So, don’t think twice to visit here.
You may also like : Best Tourist Attractions in Shimla
Now, the matter of concern is what will be the perfect vehicle to choose. You will get many options, like Chandigarh to Shimla by bus, bike, or car. It would be better to opt for a car or bike.
Whatever the vehicle is, you need to be quite careful to avoid any untoward circumstances. Here are a few things that you need to know before starting the journey.
Tips for Chandigarh to Shimla Road trip
1. At first make sure that your car is in outstanding condition. It is necessary to check the tire condition and several other parts of the car before you start the journey.
2. After that, you need to go through a medical check-up to make sure that you are physically fit. Don’t forget to carry emergency medicines like fever, headache, body pain, acidity, gas, vomiting, and many more.
3. You can take some chocolates, dry fruits and biscuits for munching.
4. Besides, you should take water.
5. Proper winter wear is a must to enjoy the trip.
6. Make sure that you have ample traffic knowledge.
7. Try to avoid night driving.
So, these are a few things that you need to know before you make a plan.
Now, the big question is the distance from Chandigarh to Shimla. Well, it will take 113.1 km to reach Shimla from Chandigarh.
Here people ask a lot about the routes and road conditions.
A few most asked questions are discussed below.
How is the road from Chandigarh to Shimla?
It is one of the most common questions and the answer is, here. The road condition from Chandigarh to Shimla and Shimla to Chandigarh is awesome and you will get to see many wonderful places to stop during the trip.
Can I go Chandigarh to Shimla by bus?
Yes, you can go to Shimla from Chandigarh by bus and it will take near about 3hr 30 mins.
Can I drive from Chandigarh to Shimla?
Yes, you can drive from Chandigarh to Shimla.
So, these are a few questions that people usually ask. Now, come to the next passage to know some more interesting things about the journey.
What is the best time to enjoy a road trip from Chandigarh to Shimla?
Shimla is popularly known for its wonderful weather all through the year. The summer season is lovely here and the winter is equally appealing. At the time of winter, the picturesque landscape gets covered in white snow and it is the best part of Shimla. But tourists come here all through the year. And, here one thing is to be said that try to avoid monsoon that starts from the month of July and ends in September. The winter season in Shimla is exciting and for enjoying the snowfall people come here.
When you will plan for a road trip to Shimla, it is for sure that the journey will delight you. It will offer you the beauty of snow-clad mountains, stunning green villages on your way and some hidden beauties as well. Here are some of the routes you can select while planning an awesome road trip from Chandigarh to Shimla.
Chandigarh to Shimla Distance Via NH7 and NH5
The distance of 219 km will take 5 hours 30 minutes to cover. It is the fastest and the most popular route by preferred tourists.
Places to eat on the way
During the journey, you can enjoy some delicious dishes just by visiting a few most popular food joints. Such as Almakrand Restaurant, Khanna, Old School Social Cafe and Restaurant, Khanna, Hangout, Kasauli, Narinder Sweet House, Kasauli and many more. Here you will get pasta, tea, pav bhaji, chole Bhature and many more items.
Chandigarh to Shimla distance Via SH 16
Within 6 hours, you can cover the distance of 204 km. If you take this route, you need to go through Bilaspur and Kurali prior to entering the lovely town of Shimla. The road condition is decent and can be chosen by tourists as an alternative road.
Places to eat on the way
Mitran da Dhaba, Siswanbadi Road, Raja Dhaba, Chandigarh Road, Coco Toucan, Baith Saida are the famous places to visit to give a treat to your taste buds. Here you will get lassi, cookies, biscuits, wholesome dinner or lunch and many more items.
For your information, here one thing is to be said that Chandigarh is the most well-organized city in India. It will be a great experience to go to Shimla from Chandigarh as the road beauty is fantastic.
You may also like: Places to Visit in Chandigarh
Well, you can take any of the two routes, but here you are suggested to choose Route 1 Via NH 5. This road condition is outstanding and it will take less time to reach the final destination. But, one thing is to be remembered that don’t forget to check live traffic updates prior to starting your trip.
Throughout the journey, you will see a good number of places to visit. Are you willing to know a few of those? Well, scroll down to the below points.
1. Gurudwara Sri Manji Sahib Ji : it is a beautiful gurudwara and many people come here to worship God. This is one of the most amazing religious sites.
2. C Zoological Park, Chhat Bir Zoo, Zirakpur: if you have kids with you, don’t forget to come here. Children will love this place as here they will get to see animals. Lions, elephants, owls, and crocodiles are here. So, don’t miss this tourist place. it will add a wow factor to your entire trip.
3. Sukhna Lake: this is another most wonderful place to visit. Here you will get the chance to enjoy pedal boats. The jogging path is also here that you can enjoy for a few minutes. Apart from this, here you will get to see migratory birds as well. So, overall, this place is wonderful and you must come here.
4. Zakir Hussain Rose Garden : this place will blow your mind easily. Once you come here, you will get amazed within a few minutes. The beauty of wonderful roses will impress you. The walking paths, the fountains are awesome and add a charm to this garden.
5. Rock Garden of Chandigarh: Chandigarh Rock Garden is all time hot spot. Tourists never miss this place to visit. So, you should also come to explore the natural beauty of this wonderful spot. Mosaic courtyards, Sculptures, and paths are awesome.
6. Monkey point, Sanjeevani Hanuman temple: this is a small hilltop hanuman temple and here you will get to see monkeys.
7. Gilbert Trail : the valley of this place will amaze you. So, add this place to your travel plan. Here you can enjoy the amazing natural views.
8. Sunset point : it is situated in Kasauli and from here you will get to see the beautiful sunset.
So, these are a few places and many more are there that you can enjoy. Such as Renuka lake, Kandrour Bridge, Kalka Shimla railway and many more. So, what are you waiting for guys? Make a plan today and start the journey. All your stress will vanish once you come here and enjoy the trip.